Sessional Part Time Academy Coach
Sunderland AFC are looking to appoint a number of roles within our Sessional (Part Time) Academy Coaching Team, to assist with the individual, group and team planning of the football pathway within the Foundation Phase, ensuring each player has an up-to-date and relevant individual plan.
· Communicate, promote and protect the Club values to enhance an elite high-performance environment.
· Attend all professional development events and actively engage in a personal development plan and integrated appraisal process.
· Ensure compliance with all the policies and procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying regard to the Equal Opportunity, Dignity at Work and Health & Safety and security policies.
· To plan, create and evaluate coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan.
· To plan and deliver training sessions that prioritise an individual player development focus.
· To independently source and review video clips of individuals and groups with reference to player’s individual learning objectives in liaison with the analysis department.
· Provide impactful feedback to players to support progression.
· Oversee the trialists who enter the coaching cell providing suitable evaluation and feedback during the signing / exit policy.
· Ensure the Performance Management Application (PMA) is completed and up to date.
· Ensure the retention of players is always prioritised within planning.
· Deliver consistent up to date communication with the Academy Manager, Head of Coaching and Cell Lead surrounding the journey of the players.
· Monitor, evaluate and regularly feedback on all players for succession planning process.
· Create a best-in-class environment.
· Participate in all relevant meetings.
· Identify areas for development and work closely with the Academy Senior Management Team and Multi-Disciplinary teams to ensure necessary performance standards are met and developed. Monitor and drive the key development processes within the Foundation Phase to ensure progression is being made.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
· Coaching in a Category One Academy Programme within the Foundation and/or Youth Development Phase.
· UEFA B Licence
· FA Advanced Youth Award
· FA Safeguarding
· FA 1st Aid Qualification
· Enhanced DBS Clearance
To apply please complete an application using the following iRecruit link: Part-Time Academy Coach in Sunderland - EFL (English Football League)
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at Academy of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
· Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer.
· We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally.
· Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS
· Sunderland AFC recognises that the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC will ensure that safety and protection is given to all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities through adherence to the Safeguarding guidelines adopted by the Club.