As part of the ongoing improvements to our Refectory service, Sunderland AFC are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Assistant Performance Chef to help deliver first-class service at the Academy of Light.
Reporting to the Performance Head Chef, the successful candidate will work as a key part of our refectory team, working closely with the Sports Nutritionist and Head of Performance and Medicine to deliver a high-quality, performance-focused food service for our players and staff.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide food and beverages of the highest nutritional value possible, showing understanding of the nutritional breakdowns.
- The ability to work with the Performance Head Chef to tailor individual meals for certain players to meet their dietary requirements, allergies or performance needs.
- Seek feedback from players and staff to evaluate food services and menus.
- In conjunction with the refectory staff, help ensure quality meals in preparation for and recovery after home matches.
- Maintain food safety standards (IOSH and Food Safety Level 3 desirable)
- Always maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen and refectory areas
- In conjunction with the refectory staff, contribute to the delivery of our Parents’ Lounge food service on a rotation basis, including some work on evenings and weekends.
- Display a positive, proactive approach and help to set the highest standards possible in our Refectory.
To apply please complete the application form and email along with your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to Recruitment, Human Resources, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU. The closing date for all applications is close of business Friday 9 December 2022.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Academy of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited may be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally.
Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.