Full Time (40 Hours)
Sunderland AFC is looking to appoint a groundsperson to maintain the pitches and grounds across all sites to a very high standard. The successful applicant will work alongside the existing ground staff team, reporting to the Head Groundsperson, and contribute to the day to day maintenance of the Academy pitches and surrounding grounds (and pitches at other club venues subject to relevant training and certification).
- Grounds maintenance around all sites
- Maintenance of amenity areas surrounding the Academy
- Working with and contributing to a multi-disciplinary maintenance team
- Working between more than one dedicated site, and as required by the needs of the business.
- Driving of multiple gang mowers, verti-drain machinery, tractors, subject to training and relevant certification.
- Collection of litter and leaves around the building and the playing surfaces
- Weeding of all curb lines and plant beds
- Following training to carry out multiple work tasks without supervision, within limits of responsibility.
- Assistance with Stadium of Light and Hetton Centre pitch maintenance as required.
- In accordance with training and qualification requirements other tasks would include mowing, top-dressing, marking out and pitch preparation on matchdays, including divoting at half and full-time
- Applicants should have the relevant qualifications for grounds maintenance/groundskeeping.
- Experience in working with grounds machinery is essential as well as working within a grounds team.
- A valid driving licence is desirable
How to Apply
The position is 40 hours full time per week, with working hours including evenings. In addition, you are required to work all home fixtures and special events. You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain your up-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered for this position, please apply through iRecruit.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & ADULTS AT RISK
Sunderland AFC is fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC makes provisions for children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups through adherence to the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures adopted by the Club.