Hospitality Catering Matchday Staff:
- Room Managers
- Catering Staff
- Kitchen Porters
After the success in the 2021/2022 season, Sunderland AFC are recruiting casual staff to work within our Hospitality Department on a matchday.
We are recruiting for Room Managers, Supervisors, Catering Staff and Kitchen Porters to work within the hospitality area of the stadium. This is a busy, fast-paced environment on a matchday as we cater for the corporate hospitality guests.
As a member of the team, you will provide an efficient, quality customer service to hospitality, whilst working effectively as part of a team aiming to deliver beyond expectations.
The ideal candidates will be hands-on, with a passion for people and customer service; willing to go the extra mile along with a positive and pleasant attitude. You will thrive through working in a busy environment and staying calm under pressure. You will be a quick learner with the ability to adapt to the different levels of service throughout a matchday.
Successful candidates must also have the capability of working on your own, as well as part of a team, taking instruction well, whilst possessing effective communication skills.
Opportunities are available for:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced events manager. Responsibilities include:
- managing a team off staff
- accurate stock management
- staff training (on the job)
- knowledge of licensing laws, health and safety, and food allergens
- ensuring compliance with health and hygiene legislation
- problem solving and complaint management
- attending management meetings and delivering team briefings
- ensuring the best possible customer experience is delivered
- Set tables and ensure room is ready for the arrival of guests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests.
- Anticipate and address guests service needs.
- Ensuring a prompt and accurate service.
- Communicating additional meal requirements, allergens, dietary needs and special requests to the kitchen and room managers.
- Communicate with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, supporting the team to reach common goals.
- Maintain cleanliness of tables/guests areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to designated areas outlined by room managers and supervisors.
- Complete closing duties, including re-stocking items and re-setting rooms for upcoming events.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused, have experience of leading a small team and have a good working knowledge of catering and food service. Responsibilities include:
- ensuring that the preparation, presentation, and customer service are carried out to comply with company standards and fulfil customer requests
- having a knowledge of licensing laws, health and safety, and food allergens
- providing an efficient, caring, and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department and deal with customer requests promptly
- ensuring Club and statutory regulations of hygiene and safety are adhered to by all members of staff
- demonstrating a pleasant and polite manner with staff and customers, resolving complaints, and providing feedback to Room Managers as required
- the ability to ensure a safe working environment
Hospitality Catering Staff
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to deliver a quality customer service in a fast-paced, pressurised, matchday environment. Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills and be adaptable, with a willingness to learn.
- attention to detail and accuracy when serving customers and using the till system
- engage with customers to upsell and maximise sales
- following rules and regulations regarding food allergens, food safety and refusing service
- maintain a clean and hygienic working environment
- completing stock replenishment as needed
- providing a food and drinks service in line with club service standards
The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills and be dedicated with the ability to accurately follow instructions in accordance with food health, safety and hygiene regulations and company standards. This role requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- following instructions relating to the timely preparation of cleaning, organising workstations, and assisting other kitchen porters as needed
- ensuring refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy
- having the ability to handle multiple cleaning tasks without compromising on quality or service delivery
- maintaining hygiene and cleanliness of working areas and equipment in line with regulations, including removing waste in an appropriate and safe manner
- all dishwashing is carried out to a high standard
- assisting chefs as needed for the movement of stock and service items
- end of day cleaning checks schedules is adhered to
- the ability to ensure a safe working environment
Successful applicants will have a mature attitude, excellent communication skills and be IT literate.
Room Manager and Supervisor applicants must 18 years old and over.
If you are interested in applying based on the above information, please complete the application form and return by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Stadium of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited may be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally.
Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.