Physical Performance Coach (Women’s Football)
20 hours per week, Monday to Sunday (Afternoon and Evenings)
Sunderland AFC is looking to recruit a Physical Performance Coach (Women’s Football) to take the lead on the delivery of the strength and conditioning programme for the Women’s playing squads.
Reporting to the General Manager of Women’s Football, you will work in conjunction with the performance and medical team and contribute to the continuation of the development and implementation of Sunderland AFC Ladies Long-Term Plan.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Design, deliver and monitor the provision of high functioning sports science support to the Ladies playing squads to facilitate the ongoing physical development of the players.
- Lead on the delivery of the gym-based strength and conditioning programming within the Ladies teams.
- Utilise an evidence-informed approach to ensure the sport science support is structured and periodised to meet the needs of the players at different stages of their physical development.
- Work in collaboration to constantly assess/evaluate/adapt the operation of the sport science support programme, to ensure it consistently meets its stated objectives, as well as positively contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the performance and medical domain, the women’s team, and the wider organisation.
- Activities will include but will not be limited to, the delivery of on-field and gym-based conditioning sessions to players, providing sport science support to coaching staff in the planning and delivery of on-field sessions, supporting with the rehabilitation of injured players, monitoring player wellness, supporting the analysis of GPS data and disseminating key information to players and staff.
- Actively engage with continuing professional development and work with the head of performance and medical to maintain an up-to-date personal development plan
- Candidates must hold a Batchelors degree (or equivalent) in sports science or a related discipline.
- Hold or working towards a UK Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCC) credential.
- Have sound understanding of the key principles of physical development in female, adult and youth athletes.
- You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain your qualifications and/or as organised by the Club.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and the successful candidate must be in possession of up-to-date FA Safeguarding certificate and full UK driving licence.
- Be a UKAD Clean Sport Advisor
- The Football Association Level 2 Emergency Aid in Football
- An MSc in Strength and Conditioning or postgraduate related
- Additional S&C related qualifications (for example NSCA/BWLA/FA Level 3)
- To be a BASES Accredited Sport Scientist
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered for this position please complete the application form and e-mail along with your current CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing any relevant experience and qualifications. Alternatively, your application may be posted to General Manager of Women’s Football, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU. The closing date for all applications is 30th April 2022.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.